Learn how to make Homemade Baby Wipes in less than 10 minutes!
This is for all you moms out there with little ones still in diapers or toddlers who are making messes!!!
Awhile back, I was getting close to running out of store-bought wipes and decided I would learn how to make homemade baby wipes. It was so super easy that I have been using my own baby wipes for two months now and will continue to make my own until my little ones are out of diapers!
These DIY baby wipes are also super cheap and I didn’t even have to buy anything I didn’t already have at my house! Also, my boys have super sensitive skin and react to just about everything, but these DIY baby wipes are so gentle and haven’t bothered them one bit!
Okay here’s what you’ll need to make homemade baby wipes:
- Container of some sort (I use an empty plastic Folger’s coffee container, which I have several of because I need my morning coffee!)
- 1 Paper Towel Roll (select a size paper towels work best, their small size option is more the size of a regular baby wipe)
- Tea Tree oil (has healing properties that help prevent diaper rash)
- Shampoo or Baby wash you are currently using to bath your child/children
- Water in a glass jar (I use a glass measuring cup)
- Cut the paper towel roll in half so it fits your container. I have found that it works best to use an electric bread knife, but a regular bread knife works too it just takes more elbow grease!
- Fill your glass container/measuring cup to 1 1/2 – 2 cups of water and heat in the microwave for 4 minutes. This sterilizes your water. I have found that 1 2/3 cups water works great for me. It really depends on how wet you wet you want your wipes to be.
- After you have heated your water, put 1 tablespoon or little squeeze of baby wash and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil into the water and mix well.
- Finally, pour mixture (careful water will be hot) over your paper towel half already in your container. I have found that after the water soaks in, the tube is easy to remove and then pull some wipes up! Viola done! Now you know how to make homemade baby wipes!
If you are looking for an easy start in to DIY baby products, this is about as easy as it gets. Remember, this recipe is just a guide. It’s ok if you don’t have tea tree oil. You can leave it out or use something else in it’s place (lavender essential oil is also a great option!).
I’d love to hear what you think. Post in the comments section other scents and containers you’ve used.