Homeschooling on the Homestead Collaboration
Hey Y’all, we were asked by The Texas Boys to join their collaboration on why we homeschool and why homeschooling is good / right for our family.
There are so many reasons we chose to homeschool our kids but we’ve narrowed it down to the 15 reasons below. Our reason for homeschooling our kids is pretty universal. However, most of our five methods only apply for young children.
We hope you enjoy the video and would love to hear what you think.
10 Reasons We Homeschool:
- Desks: How long can you sit still?!
- Non-stop investigations and creative play
- Flexibility with our days and learning environment
- Biblical based teaching/learning
- Character building
- No set curriculum
- individualized learning
- No test pressure
- Allergy safety environment
5 Ways We Homeschool Our Kids:
- Being with our kids every day, we are able to teach our kids organically through everyday life situations.
- Internet resources
- Bible: teaches history, life lessons, character, cause and effect, physics
- Jenn’s head: experienced teaching, arts and crafts, spontaneous teaching lessons and opportunities
5 Bonus Reasons We Homeschool
- Minimize exposure to inappropriate content.
- Teach them to learn, not just regurgitate random facts to pass a test.
- Give them better social exposure.
- Teaching them what we believe and not having them forced to learn evolution or facts we don’t agree with that the government school system is forcing kids to learn and know.
- The Permaculture Prime Directive